By visiting scienceofecd.com, you're accepting the practices described in this Privacy Notice.
What Personal Information About Customers Does scienceofecd.com Gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your shopping experience at scienceofecd.com. Here are the types of information we gather:
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, improving our store, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses the scienceofecd.com Examples of the information we collect and analyze include the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet; computer and connection information, such as browser type and version, operating system, and platform; purchase history, the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through, and from our Web site, including date and time; cookie number; products you viewed or searched for; and the telephone number used to call our customer service number.
What are Cookies?
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser, to enable our systems to recognize your browser type.
- The "help" portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. However, cookies allow you to take full advantage of some of our features, and we recommend you leave them turned on.
Does ScienceofECD Share the Information It Receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we're NOT in the business of selling it to others.
- Affiliated Businesses We Do Not Control: We work closely with our affiliated businesses. In some cases, we operate stores, provide services, or sell product lines jointly with these businesses.
- Agents: We employ other companies and individuals to perform some functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Protection of ScienceofECD.com and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with law; enforce or apply other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of ScienceofECD.com, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit-risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you enter.
- We reveal only the last five digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- It's important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and your computer. Be sure to sign off when you've finished using a shared computer.
Controller of Personal Information
Any personal information provided to or to be gathered by ScienceofECD.com is controlled by Digital Learning Inc, 146-955 Portage Avenue, WINNIPEG MB Canada R3G 0P9
Information You Give Us
You provide most such information when you search, buy, post, participate in a contest or questionnaire, or communicate with customer service. For example, you provide information when you search for a product; make an order; provide information in Your Account (and you might have more than one, if you've used more than one e-mail address when shopping with us); communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise; complete a questionnaire or a contest entry form; and provide and rate reviews. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address, and telephone number; credit card information; names of people to whom purchases have been shipped, including address and telephone number; names of people (with addresses and telephone numbers); content of reviews and e-mails to us; and financial information.
Information You Can Access
Examples of information you can currently access easily at ScienceofECD include up-to-date information regarding recent orders, personally identifiable information (including name, e-mail, and password), payment settings (including credit card information), e-mail notification settings, and recommendations.
Why is ScienceofECD.com so safe?
Safe Technology: Our Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software is the industry standard and among the best software available today for secure online commerce transactions. It encrypts all your personal information, including credit card number, name, and address, so it cannot be read as it travels over the Internet.
Still don't want to use your credit card on the Internet?
No problem. You can also contact our sales department via phone, fax or email as outlined below:
Toll Free: 1.800.547.3189
What happens if an unauthorized person uses your credit card?
- Under the consumer protection legislation in certain provinces in Canada, your bank can hold you liable for fraudulent charges only in an amount of up to $50 or as agreed upon by you and your bank in your credit card agreement, depending on your province of residence.
- In the event of unauthorized use of your credit card, you must notify your credit card provider in accordance with its reporting rules and procedures