In Canada, some provincial governments have opted to have open (free) access to the Science of Early Child Development (SECD) resources for the benefit of professionals, post-secondary students, parents, and anyone within the province.
If you are in British Columbia - click here
If you are in Manitoba - click here
If you are in Newfoundland and Labrador - click here
When you see a message asking permission to share your location – choose allow/yes/okay.
Some ways these online resources may be used:
- For your own professional development, by delving into a variety of early years topics.
- For staff training, by selecting topics for staff meetings to encourage critical thinking and discussion.
- For parent education, by showing the video examples to parents/clients.
- For classes and workshops, by projecting and discussing the information in face-to-face sessions.
- For online teaching, by having students access the resources as their “textbook.”
Providing access to these evidence-based resources helps ensure those working with children can engage in ongoing learning that supports quality program and service delivery.
If you have questions about this initiative, please Email the SECD team: ResearchHSCS@RRC.CA