Manitoba access to the Science of Early Child Development (SECD) resources is part of Manitoba’s Action Plan, under the Canada-Manitoba Early Learning and Child Care Agreement for residents of Manitoba. Anyone within the province of Manitoba - professionals, post-secondary students and parents all have open access to these SECD resources:
- North American Edition
- Introductory Edition
- Child Development Primer
- Introduction au développement de l'enfant (French Primer)
- Prenatal Development Module
In Manitoba, go to: mb.scienceofecd.com to explore these resources. Your browser will prompt you for your location.
Some ways these online resources may be used:
- For your own professional development, by delving into a variety of early years topics.
- For staff training, by selecting topics for staff meetings to encourage critical thinking and discussion.
- For parent education, by showing the video examples to parents/clients.
- For classes and workshops, by projecting and discussing the information in face-to-face sessions.
- For online teaching, by having students access the resources as their “textbook.”
Providing access to these evidence-based resources helps ensure those working with children and families can engage in ongoing learning that supports quality program and service delivery.
If you have questions about this initiative, please email the SECD team: ResearchHSCS@RRC.CA