The BC government has invested in a provincial access license to SECD resources. Professionals, parents, post-secondary students and anyone within the province have free access to:
- North American Edition
- Child Development Primer
- Introduction au développement de l'enfant (French Primer)
British Columbia residents can click here to explore these resources. Your browser will prompt you for your location.
Some ways these online resources may be used:
- For your own professional development, by delving into a variety of early years topics.
- For staff training, by selecting topics for staff meetings to encourage critical thinking and discussion.
- For parent education, by showing the video examples to parents/clients.
- For classes and workshops, by projecting and discussing the information in face-to-face sessions.
- For online teaching, by having students access the resources as their “textbook.”
Providing access to these evidence-based resources helps ensure those working with children can engage in ongoing learning that supports quality program and service delivery.
If you have questions about this initiative, please Email the SECD team: ResearchHSCS@RRC.CA
Access to these resources has been funded by the British Columbia Provincial Office for the Early Years.